Sunday, April 5, 2009

My week

So my big pull my hair out moment came thursday when the gal I was teaching my job to for the last 2 1/2 weeks decided to up and quit without telling anyone. I was helping out in reception for a bit and helping her when she needed help. (personally she shouldn't have needed help after 2 1/2 weeks of training) She knew what she was doing. I had been sitting with her the whole time. My last day with her was supposed to be friday. So she was going to be on her own monday but we would help if she needed it. (Monday I was supposed to go back to reception so I could have fridays off). At around 9:15 I looked over and she wasn't there. I just thought she was at the bathroom. I had just helped her with an issue. But then I looked again at oh... 9:45 and she wasn't there again. I went over to my desk and the screen was black which means she had been gone for awhile. I looked in the cupboard and her purse was gone. I looked in the drawer and all of her notes were gone. Her car was gone also. Noone saw her leave and she didn't say anything to anybody. I was pretty pissed because I had just given her the keys on wednesday for this position and she just dropped them in a bucket on the counter. (I work with the money and so just putting the keys down anywhere was not cool). Well the boss heard about it and tried calling her and she of course doesn't answer her phone. But the boss already said that she'll not take her back. So now I am stuck at this job again until they find someone else. No fridays off. I am a little bummed.
But I am okay today. Back to work tomorrow as usual.

;)

5 thoughts from friends:

Christy said...

Oh my gosh. I totally know how you feel. That happened to me at the law firm and it was like, seriously? You couldn't have just told someone? What a coward.

Karies place said...

That definitely was not a real good thing to do.

Wendy said...

That sucks. I'm sorry. :(

Sondra said...

That is not good I am sorry that this happen. I hope that they find someone else soon!

OUR HOUSE said...

Don't pull your own hair out, but if you ever see that girl again, give her hair a tug:)